Reproduction of a Marcel Dreux Instrument
Accordina is a reed instrument, similar to the harmonica. It borrows its chromatic keyboard (44 notes) and professional hand made reeds from the accordion. PSound Accordina has been sampled with up to 9 layers and 3 Articulations for a more than 400 samples.
The Instrument – The Accordina has 44 keys on a chromatic keyboard.
Recording – Paolo recorded the Accordina with a Neumann TLM103 large diaphragm microphone thru an amazing Apogee Symphony mkiI I/O converter with its own Mic Preamp card for the best audio resolution and musical details. All the samples are in 96kHz/24bit resolution!
Analysis – By a careful analysis of the sound I found a great variation of the harmonic spectrum during the dynamic range of the reeds. This fact depends on the high quality of the hand made reeds of the instrument.
Layers & Filters – Paolo used up to 9 dynamic layers and 2 round-robins for each note of the instrument.
- Marcel Dreux Instrument
- 400 Samples
- >300MB Storage
- 96 kHz Sample rate
- 24 bit resolution
- All sample are perfectly looped
- Up to 9 velocity layers
- 3 Articulations
- key-on and key-off noises
- Adjustable volume for reeds and noise
- Key Switches
- Powered by UVI Engine XT™
- Requires UVI Workstation v2.5.6 or later
- UVI.net provides UVI Workstation for free!
- UVI Falcon full Compatibility!
- Playable by Motu Machfive too (requires v3.2.1)
- PACE protection system (free iLok account required)