Unlimited polyphony, as PolyM’s model was considered when released ! Even if it was not true, compared to monophonic synthesisers of these times or to the five or eight voices machines, the 71 voices, each one with its own pulse width modulation, filter, VCA and envelope generator, was clearly a revolution.
Recreating this legendary synthesiser as a virtual analog was a real challenge ! We decided to take up the gauntlet !
A Gem of Pleasure : It took more than two years, analysing, measuring, testing, scratching our heads, but we are proud to now offer you the PolyM, one of the best, if not the best, virtual divided-down based virtual synthesiser out there.
Two Top Octave Divider (T.O.D) oscillators, slightly detuned for an incredible phasing effect and a very special envelope generator are the Heart and the Soul of the PolyM.
The secret of this monster is its hybrid design from an organ like synthesiser and three filter banks, including a 24db ladder filter, driven by a monophonic envelope.
The Sound ! Using divide-down technology offers a particular sound for Chords and Pads you can’t find any other way, but that’s not all. With that sound, feeding a monophonic zero-delay 24db self-oscillating filter, driven by the keyboard gives you the possibility to play huge Basses or leads as no other synthesiser can do.
- Two aliasing-free Top Octave Divider oscillators: One for the Sawtooth, the other for the Square.
- 71 emulated chips offering Mixer, VCA, envelope, 12db filter and Pulse Width Modulation for each of the available notes.
- Gorgeous 24db ladder filter, using the acclaimed XILS-lab zero-delay algorithm.
- 9 dedicated acoustic filters (Strings, Piano, Organ, Harps,..) carefully reproduced from the original model.
- 1 resonator filter bank using 3 parametric filters (6 and 12db) matching the original model.
- Three Vintage effects (delay, Phaser, Reverb)
- 9 modulation slots for endless sound possibilities.
- 1 monophonic envelope
- 3 monophonic, tempo sync-able, LFO
- All parameters are MIDI controllable
- More than 200 presets
Mac OSX 10.7 and later : VST, Audio Unit, AAX (32&64 bits, native)
Windows XP, Vista and 7,8,10 ; VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later),AAX (32&64 bits, native)